When you’re not really that informed about your tooth enamel, you may not know why on earth keeping it very safe is so important. Nor will you have much to go on when considering things you should be doing to ensure that it’s healthy and not under the threat of accidental erosion. To find out how much you know, to fill in holes in your current knowledge, or to let you know it’s most certainly time to talk with us about this area of smile care, we offer you: A super short but informative true-or-false quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Your tooth enamel is the layer of tissue that is on the outside of your tooth. It protects the other layers and the internal portion of your tooth. It’s very hard but it is not immune to damage.
- True or False: You can physically wear down your enamel when you grind your teeth, you can harm it when you clench or eat something too hard, or you can damage it with improper (usually aggressive) dental hygiene.
- True or False: You can erode your enamel when you drink or eat items that are highly acidic. Sugar, which creates an acidic environment in your mouth, may also contribute.
- True. Your enamel is the outer layer and is extremely strong. However, it’s possible for it to become damaged or worn over time, which is bad for your oral health because it acts as a protector!
- True. Daily pressure, friction, rubbing, etc. can slowly yet surely erode your tooth enamel. When you’re careful to prevent this type of contact, you can be certain you’re doing what you can to keep teeth safe!
- True. Acidic and/or sugar-containing foods and drinks are a very big threat to your enamel, so eat and drink mindfully (and keep water on hand for rinsing purposes!).
Protect Your Smile And Enamel With Exceptional Preventive Care
Don’t forget that your preventive care with us offers you a wealth of protection for your smile, so it can simply remain healthy. Schedule your appointment in Celina, TX today by contacting Nielsen Dental Studio at 214-851-4440. We gladly treat patients from Celina, Prosper, Gunter, Frisco, McKinney, and all surrounding communities.