Smile Makeovers with Realistic Porcelain Veneers
Sometimes, improving your smile means tackling more than one cosmetic issue at a time. The good news is that, in many cases, several concerns can be addressed at the same time with lifelike porcelain veneers. As one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments, veneers can correct or conceal a large variety of blemishes, from discoloration to damaged or misshapen teeth.
Each veneer is a wafer-thin shell of dental porcelain that is bonded to the front surface of a specific tooth. The porcelain closely mimics your tooth’s color and the ability to reflect light, and the veneer is specifically crafted to look like your unique tooth (minus the blemishes).
How Veneers Improve Your Smile
Porcelain veneers are often the most effective method for making over a smile with multiple cosmetic issues. The thin veneers are bonded permanently over the front surfaces of your teeth, instantly granting you a brighter, straighter, and more attractive smile. If you experience any of the following, then ask Dr. Nielsen if porcelain veneers are right for you:
- Teeth stains that cannot be erased with professional teeth whitening
- Tooth discoloration that originates from within one or more teeth
- Teeth that have worn down chewing surfaces
- Teeth with chipped or cracked edges
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Teeth that appear too small
- Teeth with excessive spaces between them